StreetSeen.VI Forums  

Go Back   StreetSeen.VI Forums > StreetSeen.VI > Headline News

Old 01-01-2010, 10:11 PM

Default Re: December 19 @ The STX Race Track

Ok then explain why my 120hp Suzuki gsxr motor wouldn't compare to my 60hp Suzuki samurai motor both motors in my samurai shell. Reason is my gixxer motor with 120hp is pushing 45 lbs tq while my 1.3l motor is pushing more tq than hp yet propels very differently. Again swift had the perfect link to describe the two which is very much correct. An s2000 f motor may have equal hp as the g35 but tq explains how it reacts in either platform. I've never driven either but I'm very sure an f motor in a g35 vs the VQ is no where gona act the same.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekknikal View Post
no; thats not correct. the short reason why is because you set transmission gearing based on the power band you have. ultimately the goal of leveraging maximum power, and not maximum torque, doesnt change.
then your getting into a whole nother debate if ur bringing transmission gearing into play. I'm talking bout a set gear shaft like that of a boat. The motor with more torque is gona get it to it's peak hp quicker. It's been proven time and again. I use the boat to describe a non geared power source cause when u bring gears into play u can have low gearing and crappy hp and good tq and still be quick or vice versa. Any motor that has equal or even tq and hp is a peppy and fast motor period. Again a motorcycle motor vs. A car motor is a perfect example as stated. Why cause it doesn't take heeps of tq to get something that ways less than 400 pounds to use that 110-120 hp but it does to something heavier
just like an Indy or F1 car compared to hp the torque is no where near that because that platform needs the hp to build that high rpm range that it's able to do. So really to agree with u it depends on what it is your using the power for.

Last edited by VIZuki; 01-01-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZuki View Post
then your getting into a whole nother debate if ur bringing transmission gearing into play. I'm talking bout a set gear shaft like that of a boat. The motor with more torque is gona get it to it's peak hp quicker. It's been proven time and again. I use the boat to describe a non geared power source cause when u bring gears into play u can have low gearing and crappy hp and good tq and still be quick or vice versa. Any motor that has equal or even tq and hp is a peppy and fast motor period. Again a motorcycle motor vs. A car motor is a perfect example as stated. Why cause it doesn't take heeps of tq to get something that ways less than 400 pounds to use that 110-120 hp but it does to something heavier.
yes but the gears act as a torque miltiplier. two identical motors with differnt gearing will but down identicle power on an engine dyno and different power on a wheel dyno. based on the amount of work being done. how fast the wheel gets to a certain speed and what the max speed the wheel gets to in that time differ with gear ratios.

Last edited by RedBull; 01-01-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to De O

Old 01-11-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekknikal View Post
hmm i wouldnt put it like that.. all else being as equal you essentially want your engine to put out lots of power, not torque, to get down the track as quickly as possible.

Power is torque multiplied by engine speed to produce a measurement of the engine's ability to do work over a given period of time.
Torque is the static measurement of how much work an engine does, while power is a measure of how fast the work is being done. Since horsepower is calculated from torque, what we are all seeking is the greatest-possible torque value over the broadest-possible rpm range. Horsepower will follow suit, and it will fall in the engine speed range dictated by the many factors that affect the torque curve. So...in other words...You ain't got torque...YOU aint got shit.

Last edited by mitsusqueeshee; 01-11-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Hottie

Old 01-17-2010, 11:45 PM
I put on for my city...

im willing to explain this tomorrow if anyone wants to understand how this works.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:54 PM

What time does Class begin?
Old 01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
I put on for my city...

leaving for isles soon, class can begin whenever lol
Old 02-28-2010, 12:23 PM
"Rotary Fanatic"

We need ah new event Tekk.. this was since DEC,19... Hint Hint..

MY CARS
94 Mazda RX7
95 Mazda RX7 build in progress
88 Mazda RX7 Convertible T2 Swap "sold"
90 Chevy Truck 1500 DD
03 Suzuki Aerio "bracket champ"