Hottie

Default Re: The Return of Unsanctioned Racing

b careful guyz
Old 03-04-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellle View Post
b careful guyz
That statement is closer to the truth than you think.

All of us are glad for the chance to race off of the street, but I still want to take this time to mention the track's unacceptable conditions.

I feel strongly about it, and I'm amazed that no one here has even mentioned it. The last race day, racers were charged $20 to run, and the finish line area is downright dangerous. Water, bushes, and tan tan tree branches.
They are using track bite that looks like watered down milk, and doesn't provide any traction enhancement at all. It actually makes the surface more slippery.
Is the CDRA going to have that fixed by the 5th? How about the big event on the 13th. It's just disappointing to have to pay to run under those conditions.
I mean, as a Crucian, I know we are used to substandard conditions in our lives, but....
Anyway, if I'm the only one harping on this I'll shutup.
The container port road has better traction than our track

Last edited by oldkyat; 03-04-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkyat View Post

All of us are glad for the chance to race off of the street, but I still want to take this time to mention the track's unacceptable conditions.

I feel strongly about it, and I'm amazed that no one here has even mentioned it. The last race day, racers were charged $20 to run, and the finish line area is downright dangerous. Water, bushes, and tan tan tree branches.
They are using track bite that looks like watered down milk, and doesn't provide any traction enhancement at all. It actually makes the surface more slippery.
Is the CDRA going to have that fixed by the 5th? How about the big event on the 13th. It's just disappointing to have to pay to run under those conditions.
I mean, as a Crucian, I know we are used to substandard conditions in our lives, but....
About the 13nth though its not the event were waiting for its just a regular cdra event if not mistaken but I really hope they do fix it for the big event.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:16 PM

i agree with everything except the traction issue. the track has actually been hooking really good lately. its much better than it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkyat View Post

Old 03-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Fly high drive low

I have to hand it to you guys who run quicker than 12 seconds on that track; I can't speak about attraction condition but trying to stop your car after crossing the finish line is very dangerous trying to dodge potholes with limited visibility.I've tried it a few times and I was turned away from racing on that track because I almost lost it. So why would I spend 10 grand or more on a machine to risk damaging it after a race due to track conditions. however I do like the sport but would not go out of the way to spend money to go fast. Fix the track conditions then it's on baby.

I don't see why the cdra can't swallow their pride and get the government involved to build a sustainable facility just like any other sporting facility on the island.
Then after having a proper facility may be more individuals will join the sport
Old 03-04-2010, 04:55 PM
I put on for my city...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.Williams View Post
I don't see why the cdra can't swallow their pride and get the government involved to build a sustainable facility just like any other sporting facility on the island.
theyve been trying for some time.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Fly high drive low

Isn't this an election year? I am sure you don't even have to twist an arm to get what we want.
If I was the government I would not help until the cdra comes clean, I think that is the holdup. The cdra need to clean its table before the government can even get involved even if it means relocating. There is money out there for this purpose, but I'm sure it needs to be spent wisely and with no strings attached.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:32 PM

honestly there is alot of money to be made on st croix with a real NHRA certified track. people would come from down island all the time to race here. and just imagine the crowd that would show up the first time they brought top fuel cars here muahahahahahahha
Old 03-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Why So Serious?

Send a message via MSN to Want3d

^Got that right..
Old 03-06-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post
honestly there is alot of money to be made on st croix with a real NHRA certified track. people would come from down island all the time to race here. and just imagine the crowd that would show up the first time they brought top fuel cars here muahahahahahahha
+1

Including the evil laugh