StreetSeen.VI Forums  

Go Back   StreetSeen.VI Forums > StreetSeen.VI > Headline News

Old 11-30-2009, 10:08 AM
I put on for my city...

Default The Return of Unsanctioned Racing

Today I will bring coverage from Victor's Clash of the Titans event. While the event had a respectable turn out and there were some good races (Redbull v Korruption for instance), coverage this time is somewhat abridged. I do however, have a big update on a looming issue that I know is important to many:

After a number of meetings between myself, Pappy, and Vince Ebbesen, President of the CDRA, I am happy to announce that the CDRA has agreed to reopen the St Croix Race Track for unsanctioned, unofficial racing.

Unsanctioned and unofficial does not mean unorganized, however, and one of the conditions surrounding the reopening of the track is organization. All this means though, is that while the CDRA wants racing to continue as everyone else does, they also want it to be safe. Specifically, the CDRA doesn't want to see anyone get hurt and needs all liabilities covered. This raises the bar for infrastructure requirements and therefore introduces a cost of operation. After having reviewed the scenarios and numbers with Ebbesen, I can't say I disagree. As of now, it looks like there will be security and safety measures in place, to be financed by a nominal charge for entry/track use. Think $5 to $10 maximum, but know that numbers have not yet been finalized.

As far as timing goes, current plans are to have the track open for Test & Tune Grudge Matches on Fridays. A schedule has not yet been decided on though, and one is currently in the making. Of note, in discussions, the CDRA is very receptive to the idea of reopening the track as the community needs it. This means that if there's a race or two that people want to see happen.. or if people just feel the need to get the track reopened for a certain date, the CDRA wants to be able to accommodate that as was the case pre-closure.

In the interests of cutting costs to the absolute lowest levels possible -and hopefully lower than the estimates mentioned above, Ebbesen warned that there will not be the full amenities (lighting, etc) that there would be on normal CDRA race nights, although he does intend on using the Tree. I went out on a limb and told him that the community would be ok with that, and that anything and everything he wants to cut would also be OK, in the interests of making this happen for the least amount of money possible.

The bottom line?

Unofficial, unsanctioned racing WILL return. It's been agreed on and is a done deal. It will be organized in the interests of safety. Numbers are being crunched to get costs to an absolute bare minimum. Dates are currently being considered but the month of December looks busy. Personally I think this is how we'll be kicking off the new year.

But don't take all of this to mean that this is how the CDRA will be operating going forward. It's not. The Test & Tune Grudge Match nights will be done for enthusiasts- to get the track reopened as needed while satisfying the organizational and safety requirements of the CDRA. CDRA official and sanctioned races are as alive as ever and remain the focus of the CDRA. To that end, the next event will be held Saturday December 19th. That gives everyone a few weeks to get everything together, before racing continues on the big island.

So support the races when they resume in three weeks and stay tuned for a reopening of the track- in an unsanctioned fashion- in the very near future.
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Weekend Racer & Mobile DJ

Send a message via Yahoo to DomesticChiney
Default Re: The Return of Unsanctioned Racing

Woooooo hoooooooooo!!!!!!!

Mighty Dragon Sound
Friday Nights on 103.5FM 10pm-12pm
Playing Friday Nites at 54
Old 11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
STREETSEEN OG

Location: St. Croix U.S.V.I. on MIND in deh GUTTER street........GOING H.A.M
Send a message via MSN to mentally

uumm nice
Old 11-30-2009, 02:13 PM

Send a message via MSN to De O

Old 11-30-2009, 03:43 PM

nice lookin foward for more action..its gona be interesting to see more potential out of these cars after this break..
Old 11-30-2009, 04:15 PM

thats good cant wait
Old 11-30-2009, 04:16 PM
scooby dude

nice
Old 11-30-2009, 07:04 PM
"Rotary Fanatic"

Good to know that its not diein down.. But some changes will have to improve in the near future but like you say.... its just the begining..

MY CARS
94 Mazda RX7
95 Mazda RX7 build in progress
88 Mazda RX7 Convertible T2 Swap "sold"
90 Chevy Truck 1500 DD
03 Suzuki Aerio "bracket champ"
Old 11-30-2009, 07:13 PM

i am happy to hear you guys are making some head way. so best of luck and good wishes to all local streetseeners who get to use the track to better them and there cars and most of all have fun doing what you guys love
Old 12-01-2009, 08:54 AM
legallyblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
nice lookin foward for more action..its gona be interesting to see more potential out of these cars after they break..
FIXED... LMAO... j/k... glad they came to there senses... hope u guys enjoy the legit scene....